Wednesday, January 20, 2016

1 Nephi 18

Three verses stood out to me:

3 And I, Nephi, did go into the mount oft, and I did pray oft unto the Lord; wherefore the Lord showed unto me great things.

16 Nevertheless, I did look unto my God, and I did praise him all the day long; and I did not murmur against the Lord because of mine afflictions.

21 And it came to pass after they had loosed me, behold, I took the compass, and it did work whither I desired it. And it came to pass that I prayed unto the Lord; and after I had prayed the winds did cease, and the storm did cease, and there was a great calm.

Do we want the Lord to show us great things?  Do we want to praise God?  Do we want the winds and the storm to cease, and to have great calm?  If so, Nephi shows us a great pattern for obtaining these blessings.  Attend the temple.  Pray.  Look unto the Lord.  Be grateful and praise God.  Pray again.


No comments:

Post a Comment